for Mac and PC in NYC
* From the mid-80s I've been fascinated with computer technology. So for the last 30 years I've incorporated technology, the arts, and supporting people like you.
What I can do for you...
* give patient and knowledgable tutorials on many of the programs you want to learn (email, Internet browsers, Photoshop, InDesign, iTunes, iPhoto, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), plus scanning, and video and music editing
* troubleshoot bad computer behavior (hard drive maintenance, crashing programs)
* upgrade your computer (RAM, HD, etc) or help you replace it, PC or Mac
* need help with a new Apple iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch? I'll help you program it and load your device with great programs and your music using your own Mac or PC
* add a broadband router or switch, or wireless capability, for multiple computers
* setup reliable computer backup and/or cloning
* have a new printer? I'll install the drivers and show you how to add cartridges, and scan if it is an all-in-one
* show you how to use your digital camera, then store and arrange your photos
* install complicated software or configure your email and Internet settings
* rid the system of viruses, adware, spyware, malware, etc
* create a network of all your computers for file and printer sharing
* if you have a recent Mac, add Windows for dual-booting or concurrent use
My first computer was a Mac 512 in 1985 and it hooked me on computer technology.
For 14 years I was lead tech support at a printing company in Manhattan, where I solved printing problems, consulted with clients on their printing projects, maintained the company's equipment, and color-calibrated the press and printers.
In 2002, I started my consulting business, Carlson Consults. My clients range from large corporations to individuals who are buying their first computer, iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
I'm confident I can help you with whatever computer or device issue you have. If I don't know the answer immediately, I'll research it until I find the answer.
You'll find that I'm patient, trustworthy and knowledgeable (Apple technician certified and 30+ years of computer experience). My mantra is to protect your data, whatever it is.
I have a 2-hour minimum, but I'll give you a lot of good advice and help in that time. Currently my rate is $75/hr.
There is no travel fee if you live in Manhattan.
Please give me a call to let me know how I can help you. 917-570-2640